Today we are going to tell you about the business plans of various DTH service providers.
- Dish TV [Zee Group Company] Has a customerb ase of 4.4mn is the largest and oldest operator in the DTH business in India
- DD Direct - DTH arm of Doordarshan has 3.5 mn subscribers. Most likely to end up with the same fate as BSNL in Mobile Subscribers [Initial Lead and will fall later]
- Tata Sky - Looking at a minimum of 8m connections by FY12 from the current 2m subscribers in direct-to-home (DTH) space
- Sun Direct - Sun Direct announced 1m DTH subscribers in 200 days - only from the four Southern states. The company is targeting 3m subs by year end
- Reliance Big TV - Big TV announced on Oct 20 that it had reached 0.5m subscribers within 2 months of launch. It plans to add ~0.4m subscribers every month with an on ground infrastructure spanning 6,500 towns. The company is targeting 5m subscribers within the first year of operations
- Bharti Airtel Digital TV - Recently launched. Digital TV will be initially available in 62 cities across the country through 21,000 retail points (including Airtel relationship centres). According to press articles, the company aims to capture 20% of the net additions of DTH subscribers this year